Exploring my own City: Toronto Scarborough Bluffs

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hey readers!

My lack of travels this summer has got me doing all sorts of exploring in my own city, from checking out new spots to revisiting old favourites. Upon my adventures, I found this hidden gem in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario. These tall white cliffs are like something straight from a movie. I found myself saying "I can't believe this is Toronto" because the surreal sight in front of me had me feeling like I was in a different country. It's pretty much a vacation without leaving the city and you will definitely be left for a moment wondering where you are.





Also known as The Bluffs, this breathtaking view is located at the shoreline of Lake Ontario. At its highest point, the escarpment rises 90 metres above the coastline and spans a length of 15 kilometres! They are described as a "geological wonder" resulting from the accumulation of sedimentary deposits over 12, 000 years ago! They were created from the natural processes of wind and water erosion from Lake Ontario. Isn't it incredible how this natural creation is within city limits? Definitely a must-see!






Outfit Details:
Shoes: Nike Free Flyknit Running 4.0




Alongside a stunning view of the waves from a 100- meter cliff, there is so much more to do at the bluffs! From soaking up some sun at the beach to going for a stroll by the Marina, or even grabbing some grub from the food hut, it's a day of endless fun and adventures! 


Even though I've lived in Toronto my whole life, there's still so many amazing places I haven't visited. If you're feeling like you need a vacation and can't go on one, try exploring your own city. There's so much to see! From street festivals to new activities like paddle boarding down the lake or even just going on a hike on some new terrain, pack up the camera and see where the adventures take you!

"By replacing fear of the unknown with curiosity, we open ourselves up to an infinite stream of possibility"



I highly recommend checking the Bluffs out if you're ever visiting Toronto, or even if you're just looking to do some exploring in your own city like me. Will definitely be revisiting :)




Post a Comment