Workout of the Day: Glutes and Hammies

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday and all my fellow students are enjoying their last day of break! Glutes and Hammies are by far my fave muscles to train!
Here is today's full workout.
-Warmup 10 Minutes steady state on stairclimber
-5 minutes of stretching - Romanian (stiff leg) dumbbell deadlifts (with raised toes on plate to feel it more in my hamstrings) 4x15 with 20-25 lb dumbbells
-Hip Extensions with cable (15lbs) 3x15, superset with:
-Glute Blaster Kickbacks with cable (15lbs) 3x15
-Hamstring cable curls unsupported (15lbs) 3x15
-Glute pushdowns on assisted pull-up machine (70-90lbs) 3x15
-Hip thrusts on smith machine (45lbs on each side) 3x15
-Glute hamstring raises 3x15
-5 minutes of stretching/foamrolling

 A little tip for people who are unfamiliar with some of these exercises...type it in on youtube and you can watch videos on how to perfect these exercises! That's what I always do when I'm unsure of an exercise and it really helps. I also post exercise videos quite frequently on my Instagram http://www.instagram.com/jessfitnessbarbie if you wanna check those out!
Wishing ya'll a great week!

 xoJess

Post a Comment